- 2019-11-20 On 20 November at 1.00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-11-20 On 20 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers in Brussels
- 2019-11-21 to 2019-11-23 On 21-23 November, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends a regional congress of ambassadors in Prague
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Diaspora Policy Forum in the Office of the President
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council (Trade) in Brussels, Belgium
Lithuania presented in Germany as an advanced digital state
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Linas Linkevičius, on 22 October, opened the exhibition “Smart Country Convention” (SCC). Lithuania is a partner country of the exhibition this year, which implies that it has better opportunities to present its achievements to the German market.
“The fact that Lithuania has become a partner country of the SCC shows that our country’s achievements in the area of digital solutions are recognised on an international scale. It is only by cooperating closely that we can ensure the security of our countries’ digital space, adapt smart solutions to cities and the public sector, and grant more of the common good to our citizens,” Minister Linkevičius said while opening the exhibition.
The Lithuanian National Stand features solutions for smart cities, cyber security and e-government by 15 Lithuanian IT companies. Lithuanian public sector representatives and companies will also share their experiences at the conference which takes place in the framework of the exhibition.
The SSC unites delegates from governments, politics, digital economy, associations, and science. The participants of the event are invited to get acquainted with the practical side of the digitalisation of public services and suggested ways to develop digital cities and regions in the future.
The expected number of exhibition visitors is more than 10 000 in three days.