- 2019-11-20 On 20 November at 1.00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-11-20 On 20 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers in Brussels
- 2019-11-21 to 2019-11-23 On 21-23 November, the Vice-Minister Neris Germanas attends a regional congress of ambassadors in Prague
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the Diaspora Policy Forum in the Office of the President
- 2019-11-21 On 21 November, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the Foreign Affairs Council (Trade) in Brussels, Belgium
Lithuanian and Czech Foreign Ministers agree to expand bilateral cooperation
On 4 November, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius met with the Czech Foreign Minister Tomáš Petříček in Prague.
“We are grateful to the Czech Republic for its significant contribution to strengthening security in our region. Czech troops joined NATO's enhanced forward presence battalion in Lithuania, which is led by the framework nation – Germany. The Czech Air Force is protecting the airspace of the Baltic states for the third time,” said L. Linkevičius in the meeting.
Lithuania and the Czech Republic have similar positions on items on the European agenda. Thus, the Foreign Ministers agreed to work closely on issues of interest relating to cohesion and the common agricultural policy.
The Foreign Ministers also see no reason to change the EU's policy on Russia, which remains an aggressive player in the international arena.
L. Linkevičius highlighted the importance of providing continued support to Ukraine and invited his Czech counterpart to the 2020 Ukraine Reform Conference in Vilnius.
L. Linkevičius called on the Czech Republic to make use of Lithuania's experience, achievements in high technology, e-government solutions, and invited Czech representatives to the FinTech conference and the international Life Sciences Baltics forum.
On 5 November, L. Linkevičius attends a high-level meeting of the 'Friends of Cohesion'.