How to find us?
History of the Representation
The Permanent Mission of the Republic of Lithuania to United Nations Office in Geneva as a branch of The Mission of the Republic of Lithuania to United Nations in New York was founded on 1st November 1992. On 1st. January 2003 it was reorganized to the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Lithuania to United Nations Office and Other International Organizations in Geneva. Since 2001, when Lithuania became a member of the World Trade Organization, Lithuania nominates Permanent Representative to this organization who is part of the Mission’s personnel.
- 1992-1996 – Head of the Office Narcizas Prielaida
- 1996-2000 – Charge d'Affaires Audrius Navikas
- 2000-2001 – Charge d'Affaires Eduardas Borisovas
- 2000-2005 – Ambassador Algimantas Rimkūnas
- 2005-2009 – Ambassador Eduardas Borisovas
- 2009-2012 – Ambassador Jonas Rudalevičius
- 2012-2016 – Ambassador Rytis Paulauskas
- 2016-ongoing – Ambassador Andrius Krivas
Permanent Representatives to the WTO:
- 2001-2003 - Minister Counsellor Raimundas Karoblis
- 2003-2007 - Minister Counsellor Albinas Zananavičius
- 2007-2011 - Counsellor Raimondas Ališauskas
- 2011-2015 - Ambassador Albinas Zananavičius
- 2015 - ongoing - Minister Counsellor Dalia Kadišienė
Tasks of the Representation:
- To represent and defend the interests of the Republic of Lithuania in United Nations Office and other International Organizations in Geneva;
- To realize goals of Lithuanian foreign policy;
- To facilitate communication between the Republic of Lithuania and United Nations Office and Other International Organizations in Geneva;
- To provide for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in other Lithuanian institutions information on the activities of the United Nations Office and other International Organizations in Geneva;
- To ensure participation of the Republic of Lithuania in the multilateral policy making and participation in the activities the United Nations Office and other International Organizations in Geneva;
- To spread information about the Republic of Lithuania, - political, social and economic actualities, culture, science, customs and traditions.